Return to the Paint Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
HELP! Need a neutral,airy paint color for bedroom with cream furn

Posted by peachypinksunset (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 4, 14 at 18:53

Help! We need to find a paint color within the next few days! We have cream vintage bedroom furniture and need a new paint color.

Must be:
1. Benjamin Moore preferred
2. Airy and calming
3. Neutral so I can put a red flannel comforter set to create a lodge feel or pastel comforter for shabby chic feel; basically want to be able to put ANY comforter set with this paint
4. Would like it to contrast against the cream colored furniture

Thank you!!!!!!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: HELP! Need a neutral,airy paint color for bedroom with cream

This is probably better in the Home Decorating Forum, but I will throw in my $.02. I have a room with cream furniture too and my target color is going to be Harvest Time or Honeymoon, both of which are goldish-beige.
Harvest Time:

Honeymoon:

(I think the Harvest Time thumbnail is not accurate. Looks too peachy in that link. It is not really peachy at all. I've used it before in a hallway)

The only other neutral category is more beige, less gold. I recently did a bathroom in BM Kangaroo, which went great with the cream vanity.

These of course are just starting points.. zillions of shades lighter and darker to choose from. Here's a lighter beige that would contrast with cream furniture.

Almond bisque:

The gold-beige colors would work well with pastels green and blue, but probably not pinks. The beiges would work well with red.

To be more non-commital to future choices of other elements in the room, I would lean towards lighter shades. The lighter the color, the more versatile usually. I personally prefer mid-tone colors for more impact.

But if you can, it is best to have the overall color scheme settled before painting. Reds vs. pastels are very different visions.

o
RE: HELP! Need a neutral,airy paint color for bedroom with cream

Thank you so much for the helpful suggestions!!! I really appreciate it! I put this post in the home decorating forum as u suggested. Thanks again!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paint Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here