Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rara_avis21

Foyer/entry way

rara_avis21
10 years ago

Also posted in decorating and would love an opinion. House is going up for sale shortly. Painting is required.

I have a tiny little entry way that leads into my kitchen. The kitchen is BM wedgewood grey. The rest of the main floor is BM Revere pewter.

I'm trying to decide what colour to paint the entry way. Kitchen colour or grey?

Thank you.

Comments (4)

• Faron79
    10 years ago

Not trying to be snarky here, but why is "painting required"?!
    Did a realtor tell you to?

Separately....I wish this "painting-to-sell" lunacy would go away!!!
    Sellers usually do a hasty job with no prep, crappy paint, etc.
    Then...the new owners have to waste time & $$ undoing a hasty/crappy job, etc.

I've been in retail paint for 12 years now, & have tons of stories!

No matter what color(s) you use, the new owners are just gonna repaint anyway...MOST of the time anyway!

Faron

• xc60
    10 years ago

I believe in repainting, BUT "only" if you do a very good or near professional paint job.

Colors play a huge role in selling your home (especially in slow markets) and most buyers want a move-in ready home. I worked years in builder model homes in sales and many people would be turned on or off simply, just by the paint colors in a home.

And if they did not like the paint many could not see passed it no matter what. Even when told they could build any plan, or make their own plan and pick any color of paint. It was a no go. They would be turned off by the paint and not imagine the home in any other color. When you do sell model homes 95% of the time the buyers choose the exact same plan, paint color and finishes of the model home, because people are visual and many need to see it to imagine it. They can't think outside the box, or very few are willing to imagine or want to go through the hassle of painting.

Even on the real estate shows on TV one of the main comments they make about either liking a room or not is about the paint colors.

People want a home they can move into that is move in ready, live in for a while then paint if they want. We always give our houses and any rooms with a custom paint color a fresh neutral paint job and always sell our homes before any others in our neighborhood and for top dollar. Making it fresh and neutral and move-in ready is all part of it.

But if someone has no clue how to paint, how to choose appealing colors and are sloppy, I agree don't bother.

• xc60
    10 years ago

OP, to answer your question. I would paint it Revere Pewter, good luck with selling your home. :)

• rara_avis21
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Not snarky at all.
    We bought the house 6 years ago and it was in pretty rough shape (an old party house - lots of holes, nicks, gouges etc) and a horrrible paint colour.

Slowly we have been patching the damage. I could leave it beige and polyfilla but that wouldn't help. That is the last area we have left to repair.

Sponsored
Fourteen Thirty Renovation, LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Professional Remodelers in Franklin County Specializing Kitchen & Bath