Return to the Paint Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help with Exterior House Paint Color

Posted by AniniDog82 (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 6, 13 at 18:06

Hi, my wife and I just purchased our first house and need some help with the color scheme. The current color seems a little boring to us but we are not sure either what would like good. As you can see our yard is mainly landcape rocks and our roof is a brown/reddish shingle type.

Any feedback or advise is well appreciated. thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help with Exterior House Paint Color

I would drive around your neighborhood and find another house with paint colors you like and use that as an example. You don't want to call too much attention to the garage door. Paint the front door an interesting color like burnt red. Just my opinion, but if you are looking for something to do, put in a permanent mailbox (like brick). Also you could break up all the geometric shapes in the front with something asymmetrical like a Japanese Maple.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paint Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here