Return to the Paint Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Please help with color...

Posted by valery123 (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 24, 12 at 17:01

I'm at my 5th sample here and it's not working out and painter will be here monday morning! I'll try to keep this short.

Kitchen and living area need to be painted.
-Cabinets: Formica, off white with bronze exposed hinges and bronze knobs.
-Appliances: Stainless
-Backsplash: Chocolate brown with off-white grout that matches cabinets.
-Countertops: Formica with pink/gray leaf pattern running through
-Floor: PINK with GRAY grout. (Need to change this one day but it's a huge area so it's not for a couple years. Looking for something that won't completely clash.)

Now when we bought the house it was entirely painted pink. We painted it white just to make it livable but it looked more primed than painted. So now i'm looking for a color to paint this living area but can't think of anything other than a neutral beige. Problem is they are all coming out pink! I don't know if the floor is reflecting on the walls or what it is but I can't seem to get away from it.

Ceilings are on an angle and about 13 feet at the highest point so the room looks very big. Not much natural light comes in at all on this side of the house. The same floor is in the joining living room with a stone fireplace.

Not looking to go for a 50's retro feel. That's what it looks like with the fleshy beige samples i'm ending up with. They seem fine in the store then I get home and they look totally different!

Help please...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Please help with color...

Oh forgot to add that the painter likes Valspar paint.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paint Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here