Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
valery123_gw

Please help with color...

valery123
12 years ago

I'm at my 5th sample here and it's not working out and painter will be here monday morning! I'll try to keep this short.

Kitchen and living area need to be painted.

-Cabinets: Formica, off white with bronze exposed hinges and bronze knobs.

-Appliances: Stainless

-Backsplash: Chocolate brown with off-white grout that matches cabinets.

-Countertops: Formica with pink/gray leaf pattern running through

-Floor: PINK with GRAY grout. (Need to change this one day but it's a huge area so it's not for a couple years. Looking for something that won't completely clash.)

Now when we bought the house it was entirely painted pink. We painted it white just to make it livable but it looked more primed than painted. So now i'm looking for a color to paint this living area but can't think of anything other than a neutral beige. Problem is they are all coming out pink! I don't know if the floor is reflecting on the walls or what it is but I can't seem to get away from it.

Ceilings are on an angle and about 13 feet at the highest point so the room looks very big. Not much natural light comes in at all on this side of the house. The same floor is in the joining living room with a stone fireplace.

Not looking to go for a 50's retro feel. That's what it looks like with the fleshy beige samples i'm ending up with. They seem fine in the store then I get home and they look totally different!

Help please...