Return to the Paint Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
paint a 'plastic' garage door?

Posted by thirdkitchenremodel (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 31, 11 at 16:54

Maybe it's fiberglass, I don't know, the PO's put up a kit type detached garage and it has a super lightweight door, not insulated, looks like plastic but might be fiberglass. Anyhoo it has yellowed with age. We're getting ready to sell this property and the realtor says painting it would help curb appeal. What paint to use and how?

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: paint a 'plastic' garage door?

100 percent acrylic high quality exterior paint in satin or similar sheen. Be sure the door is very clean before painting.

o

Thanks paintguy!

o

Update: I painted the door with Behr 100% acrylic exterior satin sheen. It painted very well, covered in one coat except just a couple spots I touched up the next day. Looks wonderful!

o

Before:

Finished product:

I might have picked out a lighter gray in hindsight. Cest la vie!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paint Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here