Return to the Paint Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
color to go with brown sofa, red ottoman, wood floors mixed color

Posted by snowbean (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 25, 14 at 16:14

Please help if anyone knows these colors ?
the room is 2 story west facing windows
Stonington Gray BM or Collingwood BM ?
also cant decide on accent color should I pull more brown espresso or more darker grey violet ?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: color to go with brown sofa, red ottoman, wood floors mixed c

this is a cleaner looking idea board.
wall paint choices moonshine, stonington, collingwood. please help me has anyone painted with these ? does it matter cool warm tone ? the windows face westwards and lower half shows my furniture and decor and my kitchen is all white. thanks !!!

o

I like Collingwood the best out of those choices. I think it will look beautiful!

Good luck!
Robyn

o

Snowbean,
Gray doesn't go with brown.
Red really doesn't jive with brown either, but the legs on the red ottoman match the couch, which is good.
Try to go with the lightest, most neutral colors on wall and floor, unless you are getting new furniture.
Personally, I would paint the walls either white, or even a real light turquiose. I love the turquoise accent piece you have in the pic.

o

thank you, is it possible to ask bm to make collingwood 50 percent lighter ? I'd like to make the walls recede . my goal is to make the open concept rooms feel light. the windows face west. the light will be warm ...I'm not buying new furniture. I've had these Thomasville sofas for 5 yrs :) i spent too much $ on them lol ... along with the $ Thomasville dark red fabric upholstered pie ottoman that breaks into 4 seats or low ottomans..

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paint Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here