Return to the Paint Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
paint for plastic

Posted by tim45z10 (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 18, 14 at 14:55

I have a food grade barrel I want to paint. Is there a brushable paint available for this?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: paint for plastic

Are you going to use the barrel for food?

o

I have water in them. I tried latex enamel and spray plastic paint. They both scratch off easily. I will probably just use water based latex and live with scratches.

o

Annie Sloan Chalk Paint. If you're in the US, it's pricey and not always easy to find, but it will stick to ANYTHING and works just fine outside. Google to find a stockist.

o

I used those to make cat houses once, I spray painted them with the krylon fusion paint, and it held up great. It covered well, too, since they were bright blue and I painted them a light beige without much effort. They DO make it in a brush on formula now, but I have not tried it, but here's the link: http://www.krylon.com/products/fusion-for-plastic-brushon/

o

(forgive my typos....tablet wont allow me to move back down into post to edit)

'Fusion for plastic' spray is great!! Light coats, many times is the trick.

Not sure if it was Fusion, but learned something new last time I sprayed. Instructions said to repaint after 1/2 hr (or 20 mins....don't remember) ....OR.....u had to wait a long,long time (again, don't remember...sorry) for 2nd coat.

Point is -- I thought waiting like an hour between coats wad god, but turns out was bad.....that u either do it soon after or wait really long time.

Maybe othets knew this, but it was news to me... :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paint Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here