Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nicoles747

Paint Color help

nicoles747
14 years ago

My husband and I just bought a house and we are renovating the first floor. We are completely gutting the kitchen and redoing the floors and painting the rest of the rooms.

The theme of the kitchen is going to be Tuscan we choose Woodmode cherry Tuscan Sun cabinets. I have an idea of the color scheme that I am looking for but am not sure of colors. We would like to use Benjamin moore paint. I was hoping that this forum would help. Again I am looking to warm up the house. For the kitchen I am thinking a gold tuscan sun color (not too mustardy), the dining room a rust/brick color? and the foyer a netral color that will blend with the rest. The other rooms I am having problems with are the formal living room and the family room. The formal living room can only be seen from the foyer and the dining room. The family room is a larger room that can be seen from the kitchen, right now there is a half wall seperating the two that we will be putting an elipitical arch over. Any and all color help is appreciated.

Comments (3)

• kitchendetective
    14 years ago

Lots of folks on the Home Decorating Forum would love to help. Usually (not always), this forum tends toward more technical paint information, while Home Decorating tends more toward the aesthetic issues. Photographs are always appreciated, too.

Here is a link that might be useful: Home Decor

• angieshell
    14 years ago

We're building a house and your layout sounds a lot like mine. I'm using Olympic paints but your color scheme seems similar to mine. I'm using Olympic Paint from Lowes. Willow Tree for my family room which is a olive brown green color.The room also opens to the kitchen. My dining room I'm doing in a Brown Clay sort of terra cotta color. My formal living open up to my foyer and my dining room and I'm painting Chocolate Turtle its in between a cream, brown and orage. I'm painting my foyer Earthy Cane which is a tan color. My family room has a half wall in between the morning room and kitchen. So I'm painting my morning room the same color of my foyer.

Like I said I'm using Olympic paint but I think I found some Benjamin Moore color that resemble mine. I hope this helps you.

Olympic Willow Tree = BM Sycamore

Olympic Brown Clay = BM Pennies From Heaven

Olympic Chocoalte Turtle= BM Golden Honey

Olympic Earthy Cane = BM Heirloom Gold

I'm using the virtual fan deck on BM so if you have a fan deck your colors may look a little different. I know on the Olympic Paint website some of my paint chip colors look nothing like they do online.

I hope I've been a little help. Good Luck

• dilly_ny
    12 years ago

Could you post a picture of the Tuscan Sun cabinets in your kitchen. I was thinking of getting those cabinets too. Thanks