Return to the Paint Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Paint for a concrete breezeway floor

Posted by lov_mkitchen (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 15, 13 at 12:08

I've been roaming the net for ideas and colors of paint for a concrete breezeway floor. It will be above grade but will have heavy big dog traffic every day. I watched a short video for DRYLOK. What has everyone used? What worked?

I have a bazillion color ideas but first get the old inlaid ground off. I will have that done professionally and they will get it ready for me to paint.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Paint for a concrete breezeway floor

Drylock is not for horizontal surfaces

this might help

Here is a link that might be useful: sw concrete

o

This video shows Dry Lok on a garage floor.

Here is a link that might be useful: DRYLOK Latex Concrete Floor paint

o

That is a different beast than what I knew about, it should work fine.
Here is what I was talking about

Here is a link that might be useful: drylock

o

I have the original dry lock in the basement. What I'd REALLY like to do is the old fashioned linoleum. It would better match the period of my house. Today's vinyl is too soft for the first steps inside a farm house! If Marmoleum wasn't so expensive..........

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paint Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here