Return to the Paint Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
BM Marblehead gold or Hathaway Gold

Posted by bbell (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 22, 11 at 12:01

I can't decide on a color for my kitchen it is between BM Marblehead gold or Hathaway Gold. One is warmer and darker and the other is pale. My kitchen has sunlight from morning till night. My cabinets are maple - chestnut color.

I have purchased the sample paints of each and still can't decide. If anyone has pics of either of these two colors used in their home, can you please post them?

Thanks in advance.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: BM Marblehead gold or Hathaway Gold

ok, my 2 cents . .. use the darker of the 2 and heres why. When a room with medium to dark wood in it (chestnut would be a darker colored wood) is painted a pale color, the wood looks dark and miserable. I am sure you dont want to hate your cabinets. When the same room is painted a medium tone, or a dark tone, the wood becomes lively and interesting. always paint a color whose value is no lighter than the value of the light part of the wood grain and youll end up not hating your wood.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paint Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here