Return to the Paint Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
BM advance paint

Posted by paulineinmn (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 14, 11 at 11:34

Has anyone used BM Advance paint on new cabinets? We're trying to decide between Satin Impervo Alkyd, Waterborne Satin Impervo, and the newer Advance product. We want a product that is very durable and levels well, and we were thinking about oil for those reasons, but keep hearing about the issues with yellowing. Our cabinets will be a very light creamy white; they are in the kitchen so we'll need a durable paint.

We've also heard Muralo Ultra Super Premium Waterborne Finish is good - anyone have comments on Muralo vs. the BM products?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: BM advance paint

I was just at BM today looking for a creamy white as well. I was thinking that Aura would be the way to go for my kitchen cabs but the guy there talked me in to trying the Advance. (sorry haven't tried it yet)

Someone here said that on the scale of yellowing, oil would be a 10, water a 2 and the Advance a 4.

I guess I really can't help too much .
But it's a bump-up !
I hope there's someone out there that has sampled the Advance.

I can't get Muralo here and have never tried the Satin Impervo ..
The Aura I used on the bath cabs is really nice,much tougher than the Behr I used in the laundry room .( I know what isn't)

The problem is : I'm an over-brusher.
There I said it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paint Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here