Return to the Paint Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help me articulate why I want Aura matte paint...

Posted by chaylabird (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 13, 11 at 11:04

After reading this forum - and many others - exhaustively we are finally at the point where we are ready to select paint for our new home! Based on the information that I've gotten I think that Aura matte finish would be the best choice for us. I have 4 young children and I want something that will wear well. I'm trying to do it right the first time instead of having to fix problems later on... But do I want that finish throughout the house. And can anyone give me a "down & dirty" list of the advantages so I can be prepared in case the builder isn't in agreement? Thanks so much for your help everyone - I could never have built/decorated a house without gardenweb!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help me articulate why I want Aura matte paint...

It's obviously a great paint!

I'd go for Matte everywhere except Kitchen & Bathrooms.
Aura has a K&B paint. Use it there.

I'm on the fence for the kids rooms themselves! I'd put an Egg or Satin in there.

Faron

o
RE: Help me articulate why I want Aura matte paint...

It's probably the most durable paint available, aside from Fine Paints of Europe. All other washable mattes/flats are not truly washable like the Aura. If you are really not interested in having a sheen on the walls but you still want durability, then Aura is the best option. I really don't know what the builder can say....it's your house and you have done the research. Of course, it will come with a price increase because Aura is more expensive than whatever other paint the builder/painter was planning on using and it should be applied two coats on top of a good primer.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paint Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here