Return to the Paint Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
any ideas on what to do with all the many paint samples??

Posted by catt11 (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 3, 13 at 10:55

We are in the process of painting every room of our house and after trying out numerous Ben Moore samples for each room (both the smaller sample bottles as well as many pint sized paint samples) we have ended up with 20-25 different samples!

With all this left-over paint, many in almost full pint containers, the only thing I could think of was to use them up on a few outside lawn ornaments but would "inside" paint hold up outside with weather affecting it? Any other ideas on what to do with all these samples of paint? It seems like such a waste to just dispose of them. Can anyone else out there tell me what they did with their left over samples? Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: any ideas on what to do with all the many paint samples??

Use them to paint a room that you don't care about like a store room or furnace room....you can mix a couple of them to get more quantity if need be....

o

habitat for humanity

o

double post

This post was edited by christophern on Wed, Mar 6, 13 at 17:54

o

habitat's restore will only take unused full gallons....

o

BM told me that this paint is their lowest quality premium paint line (Ben). So it's not poor quality paint (SW said theirs was junk not to be used to paint walls.)

I've heard some people take them to school theater groups. A crafter might be able to use them too. You can make them into chalk paint or use for decorative objects.

If some of the colors are similar, you can mix them all together to paint something larger like a closet.

o

habitat's restore will only take unused full gallons....

really? I did not know that.

o

I think what habitat takes varies by store.

Our store will anything that's marked with the color and at least 1/2 full.

o

I mixed them together and painted the interior of the smaller closets, the non-walk-in ones. When the closet is in use, most of it is not seen anyway.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paint Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here