Return to the Paint Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Painting in a mobile home...HELP!!!

Posted by kamakazeekim (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 27, 13 at 10:33

I'm wanting to paint the interior of my mobile home but I'm not sure what kind of paint to use. The walls are that fake wallpaper/plaster and the trim is like shiny fake wood, same with the doors.

I am hoping that someone on here will have had experience with this and is willing to share any advice and/or tips they may have.

Thank you!!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Painting in a mobile home...HELP!!!

I don't have experience with these types of walls, but it seems to me that regular acrylic indoor paint should work. You might want to scuff up any shiny surfaces and apply a primer before painting.

If you don't hear from any of the experts on this forum, you might want to go to a site that specializes in mobile homes such as the one I linked below.

Here is a link that might be useful: Manufactured housing forums

o

I have painted the interior and exterior of a mobile home we use for a weekend get-away. Make sure your surfaces, walls, fake trim and doors are clean. Prime with Zinsser Bullseye 1,2,3 primer (from HD or Lowes) and color coat with a good quality latex paint. I used eggshell on the walls and semi-gloss on all trim, doors and kitchen cabinets.

o

I am new to this forum, so "hello." I know it has been many months since you posted "HELP" regarding painting MH walls and am curious about the results. I have the kid-friendly wallboard and absolutely nothing will stick to it. I have tried several coats of Kiltz primer followed by several coats of latex paint, and it still peels off with the scratch of a fingernail. I have also tried using prepasted wallpaper in another room and it too will peel right off. I just try not to touch my walls at all cost, but would really like to find a process that works. We have installed laminate flooring in one of our bedrooms and the ugly standard wallboard glares at you now. I am open to any suggestions.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paint Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here