Return to the Paint Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Which SW Red Color for Front Door?

Posted by ZeldaR (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 27, 11 at 10:32

We are painting the exterior of our house. Currently, the front door and shutters are a burgundy color (too purplish). We'd like a bright happy red for our front door. We'll be painting the shutters black, and the trim will remain a cream color. There are so many Sherwin Williams reds. Any favorites? Our front door faces East, but the front door only gets about an hour of morning sun bc of our front porch overhang. Hopefully, fading won't be too much of a problem.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Which SW Red Color for Front Door?

could you possibly post a picture of your house?

o

Hi ZeldaR - I went to SW and found a beautiful red called Show Stopper. It doesn't have the orangey undertone, but it's a nice looking red....not too bright, not too dark. I'm going to buy it today...the guy was really helpful and said since it's been raining here for days on end, and I couldn't paint anyway, to wait until today when the paint goes on sale for 30% off! Good luck!

o

Sherwin Williams' old fandecks had some really great exterior reds. Their fandecks used to be split, one interior and one exterior.

SW 2913 Class Red and 2914 Vermillion are two good reds to choose from, use as comparison.

Problem is these reds needs to be mixed in a "primary red" base and not all SW stores will have it and/or they won't know how to punt and mix it w/out the primary red base. But finding a good red that can go outside is difficult and these two are worth the effort.

o

Check out Chanticleer SW2912

o

We painted our door SW6321 "Red Bay" on our old house and a builder rang our doorbell and asked for the color code. Loved that color-could not have been more right.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paint Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here