Return to the Paint Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
need help - colors for foyer and living room/dining room

Posted by judysims84 (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 9, 11 at 10:22

trying to find the right color for my entry and LR/DR which are separated by an archway. my painter likes benjamin moore so i am trying to stick to those colors. the only thing i need to match is tile that is in the beige/gold family. every sample i put up looks either too lifeless or too yellow/orange. i'm looking for something that has some life to it and is a creamy beige with a touch of gold but not too dark. does that exist? then i would like something darker for the LR/DR since you see the two together when you walk in. any ideas?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: need help - colors for foyer and living room/dining room

I spent several years arriving at complimentary colors and accents for an open entry adjacent to the LR and DR. It's now been 3 years and I'm still happy with the choices.

We used SW but only because they are close. BM is good paint too. Latte is the accent, Kilim Beige in the LR and DR and upward to the turn in the landing, then Divine White finishing the stairs and throughout the upstairs hall. We have lots of daylight on the 1st floor but primarily lamps for evening.

Hope this helps. BTW, the 3 colors we selected are from the same card.

Here is a link that might be useful: Room Photos

o
RE: need help - colors for foyer and living room/dining room

We have the same problem - trying to find a creamy beige with a little gold. Don't know about lighting in your space, but we have little natural light and rely on recessed lights. We think we're going with BM Oatmeal in the living room and above the chair rail in the dining room, and then BM Monroe Bisque below the chair rail in the dining room. We like BM White Opulence as a trim color - in our house, it looks like a crisp white, not too blue and not too pink. And, maybe surprisingly, BM Oatmeal doesn't look lifeless on our walls. A close second for BM Oatmeal was BM Simply Irresistible, but it looked a little too yellow. Good luck!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paint Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here