Return to the Paint Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What white?

Posted by frmrsdghtr (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 22, 11 at 9:52

The current trim color in my house is BM White Dove. I'm hoping to paint my old oak cabinets white. Should I match the trim and paint them White Dove as well? Or do they need to contrast? I hope to also install white tile backsplash. Does White Dove go well with that? Would love to hear from someone who has a white kitchen. What colors do you recommend? Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What white?

I would try Simply White.

o

What color are your appliances? I would love to paint my cabinets white, but getting that to look good with my 10 yr. old white appliances is tricky. I'm thinking of painting them a light gray instead. White dove has alot of yellow in it so make sure it doesn't make your tile or appliances look "off". :)

o

Thanks! Um, yes - I went to Lowe's and bought a white tile brought it home and held it up to my trim. Not so good! I'm not stuck on white tile or white dove, but I'm so indecisive. This is a DIY project on a budget. I have also considered gray cabinets or a light sage greenish color. I so wish I had some decorating abilities. I know what looks good in other people's kitchens but I can't apply it to my own. :( Our appliances are bisque - at least 10 years old, probably 20+ except for our stove and microwave which is black. But our fridge really needs to be replaced and it will probably end up being black and stainless. to blend with the stove.

o
RE: re: What white?

DecoFan - I love these gray cabinets - and the bead board. Maybe I just changed my mind. :)

Here is a link that might be useful: gray cabinets

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paint Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here