Return to the Paint Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
HELP with paint color!

Posted by mrs.brams (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 14, 13 at 8:42

I recently painted our dining room Polished Limestone by Glidden. I really love the color, although it's a bit more blue/green than I thought it would be. Our floor plan isn't an open one but the living room is right off of the dining room. I'm having the hardest time picking out a color for the living room that accents the color in the dining room. I thought about doing a darker/richer (than Polished Limestone) color in the living room, but I don't want anything TOO dark.

It only took me about three months to pick out ONE color so I desperately need advice to make this decision a lot easier.

Thanks in advance for your help! :)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: HELP with paint color!

Try the "home decor" forum.

And - if you can post good pictures of the furniture, rugs and drapery it might help.

One way to get a similar, but darker color is to have the new tester mixed up with TWICE the pigment of the Polished Limestone

o

I have done that as well, but usually in reverse by adding white. If you want to get a richer color and adding the extra pigment doesn't get there add a drop of black. Thank goodness we can get small samples cheap at Lowe's and HD.
I always get the sample and have a nice piece of extra sheetrock I can paint and then lean against te wall. To repaint the sample board with another paint, prime with white first.

This post was edited by bugbite on Thu, Mar 14, 13 at 22:32

o

Thanks for the advice! :)

Lazygardens - I'm having a difficult time with picking out a rug and curtains too. I'm a mess..I'm hoping if I can get the walls painted it will help with putting the rest of the room together.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paint Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here