Return to the Paint Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Painted driveway - Help

Posted by shuffles (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 19, 14 at 8:42

I purchased a house with a painted driveway and garage floor. I have no idea what kind of paint was used, but I applied two part epoxy paint over the original paint. After a lot of years, the paint on the driveway is heavily eroded and in the garage it is peeling. Can anyone suggest what to do and what to use? I assume the first step would be pressure washing. What would be the best coating in this case? This is in Central Florida with hot sun and lots of rain.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Painted driveway - Help

There isn't a paint that will hold up. The driveway never should have been painted in the first place. The only garage floor paint that will hold up to the wear of hot tires is that professionally applied epoxy coating. You can paint it with regular floor paint, but expect to have to re apply it every year or two.

o

paintguy, yeah, the driveway should never have been painted. I just wish. I guess I will just let the driveway paint gradually disappear. The only problem with that is my wife.

o

You could try power washing the paint off.

o

paintguy, pressure washing is in my plans. Thanks for the input.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paint Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here