Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rpdhockey

Help with Paint Colors

RPDHockey
10 years ago

We recently moved into a home and we want to change the paint colors. The previous owners chose to do the upstairs and downstairs hallways in a horrible orangish rust color. This color also extends to a living room and a dining room. We absolutely hate it. I finally painted the hallway SW "Tony Taupe" and we like that it appears both tan and gray in different lighting and angles. Although I feel like it usually appears to be gray.

The hallway transitions into the kitchen, which is currently a red color with dated 90's honey golden oak cabinetry. I'm planning on painting all the oak trim and cabinetry SW "Alabaster" and then we picked SW "Dutch Tile Blue" for the kitchen wall color. From looking at swatches this appears like it would transition nicely to us, but was wanting some opinions to make sure it'll work before I paint.

The current floor is a horrible peel and stick vinyl that I'm replacing with Coretec LVT Wood Plank in Kingswood Oak color. I attached a picture of the color pattern of the floor. I'm also replacing all the dated cheap golden oak veneer doors with 6 panel white doors.

My question is what would you guys recommend for a good powder room color? The powder room runs right off of the downstairs hallway. My spouse wants SW "Watery" which we like in our upstairs bathroom, but I would like to change it up. I was thinking BM "Quiet Moments." All the trim on the lower level is gonna be SW Alabaster with the Kingswood Oak floor.

Any recommendations and advice would be appreciated!!

Comments (2)