Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
barit22158

molding color

barit22158
10 years ago

A friend has taken on the large renovation of an old store, turning it into a community church. He is not a great carpenter and surely has no taste when it comes to the final updates like paint. He picked a different color for each wall in what is now one huge room with a few dividing walls jutting out. You can see nearly every wall from every point. Now he wants to paint the moldings on each wall the same as the wall it is on. I explained cohesive decor. Keeping things unified and not all chopped up. Especially in a church. I suggested painting all the molding around each door, window and baseboards one of the colors in the room(s) and then use matching window coverings throughout. Pick a darn color and go with it. It's looking chopped up and like a child picked the colors. The workmanship is lacking, paint and some caulking could pull this together and hide a lot.

So my question is.... should each molding be painted the same color or should they be painted the color of the wall they are on? Remember each wall is a variation of tan or yellow, none are the same. This will be this guys first ministry and the church is becoming a reflection of him. I don't think a jigsaw puzzle paint job in a church will cut it.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
EA Home Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars69 Reviews
Loudoun County's Trusted Kitchen & Bath Designers | Best of Houzz