Return to the Paint Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
need help finding this color gray

Posted by cheryl58 (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 12, 11 at 21:14

Hello -

I am in search of that "perfect" gray for my all white 1970s bathroom (which I hate but cannot change...hubby doesn't want to spend any money!!). I found a picture on the JCP site that is advertising the aqua bath rugs that I love. Can anybody tell me a gray (preferably Benjamin Moore or Sherwin Williams) that would be similar to this very light gray color? Thank you :)

Cheryl

Here is a link that might be useful: Gray color?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: need help finding this color gray

The big rectangle in the middle is a color sample from the picture. You can see four potential paint color *matches* around it. Smoke Embers is a good one to start with.

Photobucket

o

Funcolors....

That's really cool.

o

Hi fun colors - how'd you do that?!?!? I have a pic on my cpu and have no idea where I found it, and I would like to find a similar color.
dining room wall color

o

Oh my, that's a gorgeous color too!

Off the top of my head Pratt & Lambert's Ionian 24-20 would be a TOP contender. P&L is very strong in the blue-green, green-blue part of the spectrum. Here are some BenM color numbers. Same deal, sample from pic in middle.

Photobucket

o

Funcolors, thanks so much!! I have been running back and forth to Sherwin Williams and I am now in a sort of "sample hell". I am thinking my problem is that my tile is not really grey at all but more of a taupe,greyish beige, swirled with dark brown (since tile is not laid yet, I still have option of another which is a darker color than terracotta but that is what it reminds me of). If I attach another picture, can you tell me the color on the walls and on the island/cabinets (it is a kitchen picture and I am doing a bath but I love the colors). Thanks so much!

Here is a link that might be useful: Funcolors, name of colors please??

o

Oops, I meant to say running back and forth to Benjamin Moore. But who knows, maybe I will start running back and forth to Sherwin Williams now..:)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paint Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here