Return to the Paint Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need help with interior trim color w/ beige vinyl windows

Posted by Microgirl32 (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 7, 12 at 20:52

Hello - this is my first post. I've been searching for weeks for a solution to my problem... I'm hoping some of you can help! :-)

We recently purchased a home that is about 20 years old. In preparation for getting it ready to sell, the previous owners had the windows replaced. They chose an almond/beige color (inside and outside). All of the interior trim is currently painted a taupe color that has more pink in it than the greenish-hued windows have. I would love to paint all the trim white, but am not sure if that would even work with almond windows. Does anyone have the same problem? I would love to see photos of almond windows with a white/lighter trim color. Or am I forever locked into taupe crown molding and window trim?. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need help with interior trim color w/ beige vinyl windows

Beige vinyl is often a huge upgrade - there are a lot of people who would like to have your color issue! :)

You can absolutely do white trim with the beige windows. If you think about it's really no different than if the windows were wood. Wood windows and white trim work out perfectly fine and so with the beige/white combination.

Exterior is a lil different. White house trim with beige windows isn't always the cutest look. If you want light trim exterior, all you have to do is select a lighter version of the beige on the windows. You can go so light that it almost look white but the harmony is still detectable.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paint Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here