Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
crouch_gw

Kitchen ? if family room Decatur Buff?

crouch
13 years ago

We have no talent at decorating. None.

But we've decided to paint our family room in Benjamin Moore Decatur Buff. It seems like a nice color and the people on this forum apparently like it.

We hope to paint our kitchen at the same time but have no confidence in our ability to pick the right color. The house has an open floor plan so the two rooms run into each other. We need to do the foyer and hallways later, possibly in Putnam Ivory.

Any suggestions?

A couple of years ago we paid for the local Benjamin Moore paint colorist (?) to come over. She was the one who recommended Decatur Buff for the family room and something called Coronado Cream for the kitchen (now apparently also called Philadelphia Cream). But I have found very few comments about that color and the two comments I saw suggested it might be too "lemony" at night, which has my wife in a panic.

Our kitchen cabinets are a mid-tone maple. We have an island with cherry cabinets. Our granite countertops are dark around the perimeter and gold/black on the island.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Ideally sticking with Benjamin Moore to avoid total choice overload. Thanks.

Comment (1)