Return to the Paint Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Kitchen ? if family room Decatur Buff?

Posted by crouch (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 16, 11 at 20:32

We have no talent at decorating. None.

But we've decided to paint our family room in Benjamin Moore Decatur Buff. It seems like a nice color and the people on this forum apparently like it.

We hope to paint our kitchen at the same time but have no confidence in our ability to pick the right color. The house has an open floor plan so the two rooms run into each other. We need to do the foyer and hallways later, possibly in Putnam Ivory.

Any suggestions?

A couple of years ago we paid for the local Benjamin Moore paint colorist (?) to come over. She was the one who recommended Decatur Buff for the family room and something called Coronado Cream for the kitchen (now apparently also called Philadelphia Cream). But I have found very few comments about that color and the two comments I saw suggested it might be too "lemony" at night, which has my wife in a panic.

Our kitchen cabinets are a mid-tone maple. We have an island with cherry cabinets. Our granite countertops are dark around the perimeter and gold/black on the island.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Ideally sticking with Benjamin Moore to avoid total choice overload. Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Kitchen ? if family room Decatur Buff?

We live in our sunroom which is painted Decatur Buff, and the kitchen and living room are open to this room and painted Powell Buff.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paint Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here