Return to the Paint Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
BM Texas Leather, enitre room or just accent?

Posted by ericwarren (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 14, 09 at 19:53

Hello,
Need your help...as we need to let our contractor know our decision tomorrow.
We have a large great room (2-story). The rear wall has a stone fireplace running up the enitre 19ft wall. We were planning on painting the entire room texas leather, but now feel it may be too dark.
So...thinking that rear wall may be a nice accent color and the remaining walls will be a few shades lighter (color = hearth stone). Hearth stone is also the color of the adjoining kitchen.

Would love your thoughts on two things:
1) is texas leather too dark for the entire great room?
2) is accenting the rear wall with the fire place a good alternative? (have never accented before :) )

thanks!!!!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: BM Texas Leather, enitre room or just accent?

I'd like to hear what you decided. I just painted my new living room BM Coastal Fog and will paint the built-in cabinet Texas Leather. In our den, there is a brick fireplace and the adjacent built-in bookcases/cabinets will also be Texas Leather. The TL was definitely too dark for my small rooms.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paint Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here