Return to the Paint Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
contractor left roller fuzz

Posted by peonyfan (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 22, 12 at 18:56

I had some moldings replaced and noticed that roller fuzz is left behind. The scope of work was for one coat of paint. The workers were still finishing and I couldn't use the kitchen, so we left for dinner, but I mentioned the fuzz before I left when the worker asked me to take a look and make sure everything looked ok. Does this stuff sand off? and/or is this just to be expected or should I say something to the owner? Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: contractor left roller fuzz

It sands off, but sometimes it takes a bit of work. It's not really to be expected either, usually comes from using cheap roller covers.

o

If a painter is leaving FUZZ...they don't know what the H*ll they're doing!

Any decent painter should know to use covers that are good enough NOT to fuzz!! I'm always shocked how scared people (AND some painters....) are of paying a couple extra bucks for a good roller that will save them time, AND make their work look better!!!

Faron

o

Should'nt have been using a "roller" in the first place

One coat of paint?? No primer???

Who are you if not the owner?????

o

That's all true, but sometimes even good roller covers can shed. They go through good and bad phases, just like paint. Wooster is notorious for this and it's why I always save old roller covers that I'm sure won't shed when the new ones I buy start to screw me.

o
RESOLUTION: contractor left roller fuzz

Good news--the company (that's what I meant when I said owner) called to say that he'd be back to finish up before I had a chance to contact them. I just think it's odd, like some of you said, to not spend a couple extra bucks to avoid the fuzz problem in the first place. Yes, it was primed, I didn't think to mention that. He'd done drywall for me and didn't notice any fuzz but I guess it's more apparent w/semigloss than flat primer on drywall. Thanks all.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paint Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here