Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pipdog_gw

Paint color too cool for a dark room? Pics**

Pipdog
13 years ago

Hi all,

I am hoping for some advice and suggestions on our recently-painted living area. We painted our living room and dining room RH's Pumice, which looked like a soft light grey when we tried a sample of it in the house. When we painted the rooms, the color turned out much bluer than we anticipated. The living room does not get much light and we feel like the paint actually makes the room seem darker. We've lived with it for several months, and we're considering re-painting it. Here are some photos (we don't yet have our rug and other furnishings):

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

The tile for the fireplace is a yellow-ish beige. The room has a lot of woodwork which is painted BM White Dove.

The kitchen is painted Martha Stewart "Fossil" which is a light celery. The kitchen, dining and living rooms are somewhat open to each other as we have arches separating the room. We need a color that will not clash with Fossil. Here's a photo of the kitchen:

{{!gwi}}

If you could, would you re-paint this? if so, would you go warm? We strayed from beige because our last home was all beige, but I'm wondering if that was a mistake. Can anyone recommend a color that might help "brighten" this room up?

Comment (1)

Sponsored
SK Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Loudoun County's Top Kitchen & Bath Designer I Best of Houzz 2014-2022