Return to the Paint Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Suggestions for 'perfect' medium gray exterior paint

Posted by witgirl (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 4, 12 at 17:20

I am starting my search for a really nice medium gray exterior paint now, in anticipation of a significant late spring whole house paint job (yikes). house is two story, old Sears kit farmhouse style with dormers and front porch. house is cedar sided and pretty simple looking. We are in a historic district, so are looking for something pretty classic, probably will go with white trim. House is in a fairly wooded area, but is clear from trees. Any suggestions are welcome!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Suggestions for 'perfect' medium gray exterior paint

Try Pittsburgh Paints Dover Gray. It looks dark on the card but goes on a medium gray tone. I think it's a very nice gray, and I sampled several before I chose it for the exterior of my house.

Here is a link that might be useful: dover gray

o

Thank you! I will check out this color. Thanks for sharing the fruits of your hard work weeding out the grays!

o

Just bumping this one. Looking for good options for a medium gray myself. Tried BM Thunder but once I sawa a larger sample am worried that might be too light. Any other suggestions?

o

We really like this grey -- may be too light for you. It was the color of the primed new wood, and we had it color matched and painted the whole house. BM C2 Monday Morning.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paint Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here