Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lucas_tx_gw

Help with a coordinating color

lucas_tx_gw
11 years ago

Hello,

I am trying to get a series of colors ranging from very light (darker rooms) to a wall color that's evident (not just an off white) but still not dark for use in lighter rooms. One room has picture frame paneling and we'd like to use a series of colors in that room.

So far I have BM cedar key (OC-16) as the darker color and BM Soft chamois (OC-13) as the ligher color and are happy with those. Based on one of the chips with multi colors on it, we thought Baby Fawn (OC-15) would be the third in between color. Couldn't find that in a sample size, so had the little pint made up and did some testing. We are also considering using white trim in some places so tried Cloud White (OC-130) and dark in others, so used Hot Spring Stones (AC-31).

We're happy with all of it but the baby fawn. The Chamois and Cedar Key seem to have a slightly pinker undertone and the Baby Fawn seems more yellow and doesn't really seem to fit.

Any suggestions for a color that will coordinate better? Also, we're happy with the Cloud white but if there is a different white that would be better, we'd be happy to consider.

I did some bigger boards with each color but then tried the combination on a piece of the paneling that we had to pull down to see how the looked on the wood. Please ignore my messy painting.

At the very left is the current color, so ignore it. Going to the right from there: Baby Fawn, a strip of HSS emulating trim, soft chamois, a bicolor trim strip and Cedar Key.

I think they do look pinker in this photo and the BF looks grayer but in any event, I think you can see that it kind of sticks out.

Any suggestions?

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County