Return to the Paint Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help With Kitchen/Dining Room Paint-Warm Rust Colors

Posted by trendtherapy (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 8, 11 at 15:41

I was hoping you can lead me in the right direction in finding a paint color for my dining room and kitchen. Its my first home and I have an open layout from kitchen to formal dining rm and I plan on using a chair rail in my dining room and paint the top portion of the chair rail in the darker color and bring that same color into the kitchen. I'm looking for nice warm rust colors but not to red,orange or pinky. My cabinets are a honey color and Im putting down dark hardwood floors so I didn't want to do to much of a dark color since the floors are already dark. My granite is honey with reds in it too. I saw olympic terrazo tan and that looks nice! Any other suggestions would be appreciated! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help With Kitchen/Dining Room Paint-Warm Rust Colors

You might want to check out the decorating forum. That gets a lot more traffic. You can use the search function below or you can do a better search through Google. Type gardenweb rust paint and you'll find older threads. I've attached one below.

Here is a link that might be useful: Rusty/Orange Paint thread

o
RE: Help With Kitchen/Dining Room Paint-Warm Rust Colors

I have almost the exact same color scheme in my kitchen as you-maple cabinets, tan countertops, and hardwood floors. My kitchen is painted a 50/50 split between Sherwin Williams Spicy Hue and Red Cent. I told them I wanted my paint color to be in between these two colors and they mixed it for me. I love it and get a lot of compliments on it. I will try to post pics later.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paint Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here