Return to the Paint Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
MB/walk-in to M. Bath...color coordinate?

Posted by momofred (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 5, 11 at 15:30

Hi everyone. I'm doing a major remodel and we're moving in, in a few weeks, finally! We just painted our master bedroom a lovely peaceful BM Pearl River. We have a chair rail but chose to leave it all one color. We have a walk-through closet which is mine and will have a vanity and mirror on one side, clothes on the other. Flooring in the room is oak and in the bathroom/walk-in is natural stone, tans, greys and bits of auburn here and there (it's really gorgeous!). The hardware in the bathroom is ORB. I kind of fell in love with the color BM Somerville Red, which is very bold but beautiful. I was thinking of putting that in the bathroom, and it would bring out the auburn in the stone floors, and give some pop to the room. Question is, first what do you think of the bold redish color with the very mild greyish color in the master? Second, do I paint the walk-in portion the same red as the bathroom (there is a door from bath area to the walk-in but not from the bedroom to the walk-in) or do I coordinate it better with the Pearl River in the bedroom?

any suggestions?

Follow-Up Postings:

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paint Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here