Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
momofred

MB/walk-in to M. Bath...color coordinate?

momofred
13 years ago

Hi everyone. I'm doing a major remodel and we're moving in, in a few weeks, finally! We just painted our master bedroom a lovely peaceful BM Pearl River. We have a chair rail but chose to leave it all one color. We have a walk-through closet which is mine and will have a vanity and mirror on one side, clothes on the other. Flooring in the room is oak and in the bathroom/walk-in is natural stone, tans, greys and bits of auburn here and there (it's really gorgeous!). The hardware in the bathroom is ORB. I kind of fell in love with the color BM Somerville Red, which is very bold but beautiful. I was thinking of putting that in the bathroom, and it would bring out the auburn in the stone floors, and give some pop to the room. Question is, first what do you think of the bold redish color with the very mild greyish color in the master? Second, do I paint the walk-in portion the same red as the bathroom (there is a door from bath area to the walk-in but not from the bedroom to the walk-in) or do I coordinate it better with the Pearl River in the bedroom?

any suggestions?