Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
msbrandywinevalley

Can you help me decide what brand(s) of paint to use?

msbrandywinevalley
10 years ago

We're at the point with our home renovation project where we're ready to paint. We've got a new kitchen and three adjacent rooms to paint, but I have NO idea what brand of paint to use.

All of the walls and trim have been primed with regular primer. The new kitchen cabinets are BM Albescent, and that's the color we'll use for all of the trim. The color we've chosen for the walls is BM Glacial Till. But, from what I've been reading, it appears that I can get my colors matched with a brand other than BM, save money in the process, and not sacrifice quality.

My biggest concern with the trim, which will be semi-gloss, is getting the color exactly right, since I want it to match the cabinets. My next concern with the trim is finding a brand that will cover well and look great once it's dry.

My biggest concern with the wall paint is finding a great quality paint that rolls on well and dries to a beautiful eggshell or satin finish. Matching the exact color is important, but not critical since it doesn't have to match any existing walls.

I have easy access to Clark & Kensington, which was highly rated by Consumer Reports, Sherwin Williams, which is having a 30%-off sale this weekend, and Behr, as well as BM.

Which brand(s) of paint should we use? Thanks!

Comments (3)