Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
baileyandbella_gw

Behr's version of BM White Dove

baileyandbella
11 years ago

Hi, I just need to paint a bit of trim and I need to buy a small can of Behr. I love White Dove and was wondering what would be closest.

I read that Behr's Polar Bear is a pretty good match....any thoughts?

Thanks

Comments (13)

• PRO
    Christopher Nelson Wallcovering and Painting
    11 years ago

Why pick Behr??
    Stick with the BM

• baileyandbella
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I am just not able to do BM right now......

Any other tips for a Behr color?

• paintguy22
    11 years ago

Maybe you can get lucky and find a clerk at Home Depot that can actually match paint or get it close?

• PRO
    Christopher Nelson Wallcovering and Painting
    11 years ago

Maybe you can get lucky and find a clerk at Home Depot that can actually match paint or get it close?

yea, good luck with that

• prairiemom61
    11 years ago

Our daughter used Behr Polar Bear for kitchen cabinets and trim. It works well, not too stark, not too cream-colored. She has light yellow walls and gray speckled countertops, the Polar Bear works with both colors.

• PRO
    Lori A. Sawaya
    11 years ago

Look at Behr High Hide White 1051. I'd probably go for a custom match to a BenM chip of White Dove.

• jeri
    11 years ago

I asked for Benjamin Moore's White Dove at home depot and they were able to look up the codes necessary to match it. I didn't have anything at home painted with BM White Dove, so I couldn't tell you how well they did - but they had no problems fulfilling my order.

I do have some trim now painted with BM - I could take it into the closet (painted with the Behr match) and see how well they did. I could possibly copy the codes from the can too if that would help. But my guess is that you will do just fine if you ask them to match the BM color.

Jeri

• User
    6 years ago

Realize its four years later ... ☺ .... but BM's White Dove IMHO is more of an off-white whereas Behr's Polar Bear is more crisp (brighter) but still not a stark white. If its helps, I tried White Dove however ended up using the Polar Bear in one of my bathrooms (for baseboard, door trims and tub skirt) as felt it went much better with Kohler off-white tub, sink(s)& toilet products.

• PRO
    Paint sales at Home Depot
    6 years ago

My HD store has the formulas for most of the major manufacturer's paints in its computers. Further, it keeps a library of the major manufacture's color fan decks against which to compare colors, or to put on the color match computer to generate a new formula.

Ultimately, the best chance for getting a good match as to color AND sheen, is to get the real thing! However, even here, after several years, even the genuine BM may not match years of wear and aging., especially oil paints which tend to yellow with age.

• Karla Connolly
    last year

It most definitely is not silly white. I tried that and it was a horrible fail. I got much closer with Palais White by Behr to match white dove BM.

• Karla Connolly
    last year

Sorry “silky white”

• PRO
    Lori A. Sawaya
    last year

These are close matches in terms of Lab values. Which are the values that paint stores and easyrgb uses to find color matches.

The problem with Lab values is they don't describe what colors look like. They're great for comparing colors and quantifying differences in Lightness, redness/greeness and blueness/yellowness.

What they don't do is tell you how much colors do or do not LOOK alike. So use easyrgb to find color matches and then hue/value/chroma to compare how similar they do or do not look.

And then you can decide if one of the similar colors will work or if it'd be better to get a custom match mixed.

Sponsored
Dream Design Construction LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Loudoun County's Innovative General Contractors