Return to the Paint Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Behr's version of BM White Dove

Posted by baileyandbella (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 9, 13 at 14:53

Hi, I just need to paint a bit of trim and I need to buy a small can of Behr. I love White Dove and was wondering what would be closest.

I read that Behr's Polar Bear is a pretty good match....any thoughts?

Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Behr's version of BM White Dove

Why pick Behr??
Stick with the BM

o

I am just not able to do BM right now......

Any other tips for a Behr color?

o

Maybe you can get lucky and find a clerk at Home Depot that can actually match paint or get it close?

o

Maybe you can get lucky and find a clerk at Home Depot that can actually match paint or get it close?

yea, good luck with that

o

Our daughter used Behr Polar Bear for kitchen cabinets and trim. It works well, not too stark, not too cream-colored. She has light yellow walls and gray speckled countertops, the Polar Bear works with both colors.

o

Look at Behr High Hide White 1051. I'd probably go for a custom match to a BenM chip of White Dove.

o

I asked for Benjamin Moore's White Dove at home depot and they were able to look up the codes necessary to match it. I didn't have anything at home painted with BM White Dove, so I couldn't tell you how well they did - but they had no problems fulfilling my order.

I do have some trim now painted with BM - I could take it into the closet (painted with the Behr match) and see how well they did. I could possibly copy the codes from the can too if that would help. But my guess is that you will do just fine if you ask them to match the BM color.

Jeri

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paint Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here