Return to the Paint Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pro Painter Cheats?

Posted by spin2start (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 11, 12 at 14:34

Hi,
My landlord is having our rental house painted..interior.
The house now is a varied color of off white depending on room.
The painter came to get a paint "sample". Why? He says the owner wants it painted the original color...The original color is impossible to find,..It's all gray and egg shell and vanilla..and...

Point...Is this guy going to paint my walls gray....Of just do a cheap job by matching the dirty walls???

Just a feeling...
Thanks so much for any help!!
Lori

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pro Painter Cheats?

Why? More like how. How did the painter obtain a sample?

My guess is that he didn't. He made a requisite and obligatory trip to the house and he's going to go buy gallons of his preferred brand's "Navajo White". Which he would have done whether he came to get a "sample" or not.

o

He's probably just going to find something close to the color that is on there. Also, there is always a chance to find a can of paint that was used in the basement or a closet.

o

Point...Is this guy going to paint my walls gray....Of just do a cheap job by matching the dirty walls

Why do you care? At least it is getting painted.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paint Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here