Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
arlingtonvaremodel

Foundation paint color with house BM Weston Flax?

ArlingtonVAremodel
11 years ago

I have been dragging my feet on this, but in the midst of a cold spell here in metro DC, tomorrow is supposed to be 52 degrees and sunny, so the contractor wants to finish exterior painting.

Brick and siding were painted Weston Flax 2 months ago, which we are very happy with. Trim is white and lattice under side addition and rear screened porch will also be white (in the attached photo, the lattice is not yet installed).

The contractor started painting the foundation Weston Flax, which is just way too much yellow and doesn't ground the house at all. The architect suggested Chelsea Gray, which looks way too dark to me. (She also suggested something in the tan family, but nothing else on, in, or around the house is tan, except for all of the dirt from construction.) The roof is charcoal gray and we will be adding dark shutters at some point (black, gray, or maybe dark, dark green).

I think I want to paint the foundation gray, but lighter than Chelsea. Maybe Coventry Gray? Any recommendations appreciated, with the caveat that I will have to choose by about 8:30 a.m. tomorrow! Thanks much.

Comments (3)