Return to the Paint Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Looking for ideas for painting my home office

Posted by msmarieh (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 7, 11 at 12:35

In January, I embarked on an ambitious many hours long project to declutter my home office and get a several year backlog of papers and whatnot filed. Yeah!!! It's done!!!

My next step (probably in March-May timeframe) is to paint the office. I'm not sure these pictures show enough of the room to give you enough to go on, but I'm looking for inspiration for what color(s) to paint it. I'm pretty hopeless on the color choice side.

The carpet and furniture are light grey (and as you can see the furniture is very plain). The blinds are a light beige. I would be fine with adding color. Right now, I'm thinking maybe a medium purple (maybe with a faux glazed finish)??? The fairly large window in the wall opposite the door faces north.

I'm open to any and all suggestions. What would you do if this room was in your house?

You can see pictures here:
http://herbygoodness.blogspot.com/2011/01/what-way-to-start-year-before-and-after.html

Here is a link that might be useful: Before and After Pictures of My Home Office Decluttering

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Looking for ideas for painting my home office

Purple and grey ... very sophisticated.

You can paint the file cabinets if you want to, so don't let them control your decor.

o

I grabbed some purple chips that I thought were pretty at work, but in my dull light at home, I'm having doubts...you'll just have to see what they look like in your lighting!

All are Benjamin Moore colors (the AF #s are from the Affinity collection, so they would work well together if you wanted to do an accent wall):

Sanctuary AF-620
Amorous AF-600
Bonne Nuit AF-635

Amethyst Sky 1447
Hazy Lilac 2116-40
Tropical Dusk 2117-40

o

Here is a link to ours. Single window facing west but shaded. Original was beige carpeting with a sage green paint. When we installed the hardwood flooring, we retained the color.

Here is a link that might be useful: Home Office

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paint Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here