Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
wine01_gw

Brick color suggestions for that curbside appeal

Wine01
13 years ago

We have been planning on repainting the bricks as it seems that people dont like the current dark red that it is painted, and we are trying to find what would appeal most to anyone interested in it. The red that was picked was supposed to be similar to brick red. One thought was a cream such as the color on the trim. We have a reasonable amount of to paint it so any suggestions for colors and such would be greatly appreciated.

Here is a link that might be useful: This Brick House

Comments (4)

• texasbet
    13 years ago

I have to ask..do YOU like the brick color as it is now? You say "people don't like it". Since you are planning to paint it, be sure it is what YOU want to do.

I personally am not a fan of painting brick and stone. They are low maintenance exteriors, but once painted, require a bit more maintenance. I like the classic brick red, but if you don't, you might try experimenting with some of the online color visualizers before you commit to any particular color. Most major paint brands have them on their websites. You can upload a photo of your home and see what it would like look painted.

Probably not the answer you were looking for, but maybe it gave you something to think about. Good luck with whatever you decide.

• Wine01
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Well I myself like it just fine, but this is to get other peoples interest in the house.

• PRO
    Lori A. Sawaya
    13 years ago

Bricks is already painted.

Here's what I suggest:

Body - Ben Moore's Nantucket Gray
    Trim -Sherwin Williams Creamy
    Front Door - an old Martha Stewart Signature color but Sherwin Williams can still mix it. The color is called Red Miso. Another option for front door color, also from Sherwin Williams is Polished Mahogany.

Nantucket Gray is actually a very grayed green - it's not "gray". It's one of my favorite exterior body colors.

Lastly, the shutters are a bit too casual, too rustic or maybe even country for the house. The very long windows on the right bring a contemporary edge to the curb appeal and you should switch out the shutters to complement that aesthetic.

Shutters are inexpensive and easy to switch. Then if you have time and money, I'd also upgrade on the lighting. Again, lighting fixture with a contemporary design to tie it all together.

It's a really cute house. If you execute everything I suggested, you'll end up with a 'contemporary cottage' look. And for not very much $$$. A bit of landscaping, i.e. flowers will help finish off the look too.

Good luck.

• Wine01
    Original Author
    13 years ago

The suggested colors do sound interesting and will be taken into consideration.

So far it seems the shutters are abit off for how the house looks, what would be a good set to switch them out with? Please post links and such to what might be a good change.

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH