Return to the Paint Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Why do you like Eggshell on your walls?

Posted by snookums2 (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 12, 13 at 12:24

Anyone here prefer eggshell to flat or matte? Why?

Any trouble with touchups, even with Aura?

I'm also interested in why you prefer its appearance to a flat.

tia

This post was edited by snookums2 on Wed, Feb 13, 13 at 10:53

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Why do you like Eggshell on your walls?

Hey, if it's washable, it shouldn't need to be touched up right? It should be washed off. That's the theory anyway. Mattes are harder to get that even sheen across the wall look and I have tried them all. It's true Aura is the best matte around, but still doesn't look perfect on walls with a lot of light from windows coming in. With eggshell at least you can get achieve sheen uniformity. Also, mattes don't wash. Again, Aura is the best, but still not as washable as an eggshell.

o

I don't prefer the look of eggshell, but I do use it in certain rooms because of the washability. I have seven-year-old Sherwin Williams in a very long hallway/art gallery that has withstood repeated scrubbing very well. My go to paint is the flattest Farrow and Ball for looks and texture, but it just doesn't cut it on the corners where the dogs scratch their backs.

o

About to have entire interior of house painted with Sherwin Williams. Need washability for laundry room and halls but what do you think about bedroom walls -- flat or eggshell and which SW type and why? Thanks.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paint Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here