Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
teragram81_gw

Spending a fortune on BM samples!

teragram81
10 years ago

Hi! I just moved into a 1920s craftsman bungalow where the previous owner had, shall we say, an interesting design aesthetic! If possible, I'd like to pick one neutral color to paint both the hallway and the family room. The hallway is an interior space with no natural light and the family room gets some afternoon light, but is fairly close to the neighbors' house so isn't particularly sunny. The ceilings are 10 ft. The trim is a bright white (not sure of the exact color) and there is a fair bit of it with 10in base boards and 15in crown moldings. The fireplace surround has its original pale yellow tiles and a white mantel. The hardwoods are also original and are a medium tone. I have had good luck with BM Grant Beige and Manchester Tan in other homes, but here they look a sickly green color, and don't work at all with the fireplace. BM Sail Cloth and Winds Breath were too light. Any suggestions on a great neutral color that might work? I'm open to beiges, creams, grays, and maybe even a blue gray. Pretty soon I'll spend more on the samples that the actual paint so I could really use some help! Thanks!!!

Comments (6)