Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
andrelaplume2

Painting a ceiling....

andrelaplume2
13 years ago

I am curious. I won't get into the Behr vs everyone else debate (SW / BM etc etc). I used the paint on my walls and after 5 years am still quite happy.

HOWEVER, I painted my ceilings and they look like crap. I always figured painting ceiling required more skill and thats why mine looked so bad...I LACK THE SKILL.

After reading stuff here about ceiling paints lately I am not so sure. I am now wondering if the paint I used could be the culprit. To be honest I do not recall what I used...might have been Behr ceiling paint though I thought I remember it going on pink and I do not think behr does or did that back then.

What I notice when I look up...well, it looks smudgy in some areas. My biggest complaint though is everywhere the drywall was taped you can see all the feathering. YES I used a flat paint. Could the mudder's just have done that poor a job 20 years ago or does some brands of paint hide that better than others---even when flat. I can try to post a picture tonight...if anyone thiks that would help?

Comment (1)