Return to the Paint Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need help with baseboard/trim color

Posted by micah323 (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 27, 11 at 11:28

Hello,

I am remodeling my townhouse. I am going for a soft contemporary look. Not cold modern.

My floors are a dark walnut, the paint in the home is Ralph Lauren Cinderblock, a long accent wall in Behr Pencil Point, and I also used Behr Elephant skin.

I have 5" baseboards installed.

The room is somewhat dark so I want to do white baseboards that pop out (plan to add crown molding later)

What color white can you recommend. The baseboards were previously painted Swiss Coffee, and that is also the color my painter came up with. Should I use this or should I go with a bright white?

Do I play it safe and stick with semi gloss, or should I follow some advice I have seen on the web and go with a bright white high gloss?

I guess the baseboards and door jambs will be painted this color. I will also be new interior panel doors. Do I use the color that I chose for the trim and use an eggshell like the rest of the home? I am guessing that you dont paint doors with semi gloss/high gloss paint.

Thanks for the help

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need help with baseboard/trim color

All the trim and doors in my house are a high-gloss bright white. Oil. Builder made those choices. It's fine, can't say I love it tho. Touching it up is a complete and total PITA - actually it's impossible if I'm being honest.

Definitely get samples of both options - play with them for a few days, look, evaluate. It will help you determine what you really want. Egg & Swiss Coffee or a punch of shiny white.

o
RE: Need help with baseboard/trim color

There was just a discussion in Home Decorating where someone was debating about Swiss Coffee vs. bright white. She started with Behr colors but ended up with Valspar.

Here is a link that might be useful: Help! Quick! Swiss Coffee? Bright White? Buying today!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paint Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here