Return to the Paint Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Benjamin Moore Natura Paint Peeling

Posted by jdi1 (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 19, 12 at 11:03

Ok I just had a whole house repainted with Benjamin Moore Natura. The paint seems to be peeling in certain places. Is this an indication of what is it to come? I believe the original paint was behr paint and they painted over it without priming. Secondly, I had selected eggshell paint and noticed my painter bought flat paint... would he buy flat paint for the first coat and then use eggshell for the second coat? Is flat paint cheaper than eggshell? The other problem I am having is we used advance on the woodwork and I'm not sure how he prepped it, but it is all runny looking and has a blue tint in between the runs... maybe primer showing through. Does anyone anyone have any ideas why these problems are happening? My speculation is that on the baseboards and crown molding he didn't prime it or adjust his sprayer and thinned the paint down so it just all dripped off. Please let me know your thoughts? I can provide pictures if needed.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Benjamin Moore Natura Paint Peeling

You should only get a primer if you paid for a primer. Generally, primer is not needed for piant to stick well. I have never used Natura, but usually when paint peels, it is an issue with the prep. Either way if peeling is already heppening, there is a chance that more is to come. Flat paint is not meant to be used as a primer for eggshell and yes flat paint is cheaper than eggshell. The flat paint could have been used for the ceilings though. The only way eggshell has a chance to look good on a wall is with 2 coats. As for the trim, it sounds like the paint was just applied too heavily and it sagged. Really, the whole job sounds like a hackjob. Make a list and call them back.

o
RE: Benjamin Moore Natura Paint Peeling

I see small claims court in your future.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paint Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here