Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
grullablue

painting over color?

grullablue
10 years ago

A few years back, I took on a rather large painting project (I am not a painter!) and painted my son's room in Green Bay Packer colors. Green on the bottom, gold on the top, with a white chair rail in between. It turned out GREAT!

However, I'm not a big fan of painting, so although I had other projects I wanted to tackle, I had no interest in rushing into the next one! Well, now I would like to work on the next room. It is painted like a sky blue. The more I look at it, the more I am not liking it. It is our guest room, so I really haven't paid much attention.... but I want to repaint the room. I would like it a beige/tan color. To match the bedding set I bought, and the decor to go in that room. The bedding in there now is...you guessed it, blue. A nautical theme. Well, the room is primarily used for when my dad visits from out of state, and I'd really like to spruce the room up in a way I know he'd just love! So, my question is... since I do not have a lot of repainting experience, will be able to just paint over the light blue walls? I intend to do more than one coat anyway....will that cover it? I sure hope that's all that's required, but my hubby thinks I may need to put primer on it first. Thanks! I will try to include a pic of the room now...as you see, it's such a light blue you can barely tell in the photo.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Fineline Deck Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars11 Reviews
Women Owned Construction Company Specializing in High Quality Decks