Return to the Paint Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help!! Paint color choices for 3 year old boy's room

Posted by tdub4 (My Page) on
Thu, Jan 11, 07 at 23:28

We are painting my 3 year old son's room. We will be putting a wallpaper border around the room around "chair rail high". We would like to have one color below the border and another color above (the color on top will be the primary color being it will take about 2/3rds of the wall). There is a link to a picture of the border below. I am curious of your suggestions for colors that you would put on the top and bottom. Or would you opt for one color? Please let me know we are going crazy!

Here is a link that might be useful: Wallpaper Border

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help!! Paint color choices for 3 year old boy's room

I did a room using that border. I used two borders actually - there was a wider one with trucks, etc. in addition to the train one you posted.

DISCLAIMER: These pictures are not the greatest, but thought they might help none the less.

I woolied two blues on the majority of the walls. Super easy. Ended up looking like light blue denimn. Prior to the blue woolie, I Taped off a horizontal band and painted a solid yellow. Hung BOTH borders within the painted yellow band to make it look like one large border. I dropped it down from the ceiling about 16 inches so it would be down where the little guy could see it better and maybe enjoy it more.

Loved this room and wish I had better pictures.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Bed in its natural state :-)
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paint Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here