Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sstein_gw

Trim color - HELP!

sstein
11 years ago

So we are weeks away from moving into our new home and I'm freaking out about our paint colors...specifically our different white paint colors. I gave the painters and our cabinet makers a paint sample to match and they came up with different variations, which wasn't apparent until now. The problem is we have a very open layout and our kitchen/dining area/great room is all one room, with a set of stairs going into the kitchen. The kitchen cabinets are a linen/creamy white all the way to the ceiling with crown molding to match. The problem is the baseboards and door casings are more of an off-white that looks closer to white than creamy white. I know a lot of homes have creamy white kitchens with white trim, but my concern is the off-white staircase (that reads more white than cream) entering into the creamy kitchen. If we paint the staircase to match, we would have to paint all the trim since it runs into the baseboards (which adds up really fast). As luck would have it, we don't have crown molding anywhere at this point so other than the staircase, the only other "white" paint areas are baseboards and door/door casings. In my head, the kitchen is still a room of its own so it doesn't have to match the trim color...but the open floor plan with the kitchen staircase makes me worry about the difference.

Comment (1)