Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pkspigs

whole area of stained dark cypress

pkspigs
10 years ago

Our whole den, 20 x 20, is solid cypress. The ceiling is a cathedral, 17' high. The boards on the ceiling were put on in a chevron pattern. We also have solid beams on the ceiling. The walls are solid cypress also. The flooring is a beigey 8" x 9" ceramic tile. A fireplace and hearth is across one whole wall. It is done in Old Chicago Brick. We realize that this room is too dark. We have patio doors on one side of the room, but still not enough light. We want to lighten the walls but not the ceiling. I am not sure that this can be done, while leaving some of the cypress grain showing. I had thought about just painting it and then doing a glaze over the treatment. Something in a shade close to the flooring and leaving the ceiling as it is. Also leaving the trim around the doors, etc dark like the ceiling. I cannot in my mind, imagine how this is going to look, or am I just wishing here. We can do the work. We just don't know how we can get to where we want this to look. Any help would certainly be appreciated. Thank you, pk

Comment (1)