Return to the Paint Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Painting Pros: White Preference?

Posted by greenhousems (My Page) on
Wed, Jan 18, 12 at 20:04

I was planning on buying a BM White Shade for a whole house paint project.

what is your favorite shade? one of my rooms is north facing with little sun. The remainder of the rooms receive a lot of light.

Thanks for your help!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Painting Pros: White Preference?

Consult the talented Decor people on the Decorating Forum.

Faron

o

You might also check out Maria Killam's blog called "Colour me Happy". She is an expert on picking colors that work together and is a huge fan of white. The upshot of her advice is to try very large samples in your rooms before you commit and be sure to evaluate the undertone.

Here is a link that might be useful: Colour Me Happy

o
Painting experts: need help with whites

I'm in the process of converting my attic into a home office. The walls and vaulted ceiling are currently knotty pine. I'd like to paint the whole thing white to brighten up the space. The room get some light but not much. I'm thinking about a creamy off white and wonder whether anyone has any suggestions re: brand paint/shade of white. I'm thinking of a textured rug in a natural shade to finish off the space. All suggestions and ideas welcome. Thank you, Chrissy

o

See above responses.

o

I posted a thread in the kitchen forum (search under "what white") a couple weeks ago. Most common response was Benjamin Moore Dove White (OC-17) but many also liked Sherwin Williams Simply White & Acadia White. When talking to people who were going to quote on doing work for me...many were very familiar with Dove White, had used it, and had found it to be a great all purpose white. A pretty "true" white, but not shockingly bright - but also not beige/yellow at all.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paint Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here