Return to the Paint Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
BM Florida Pink #1320 in bathroom?

Posted by pinkpaula (My Page) on
Sat, Jan 16, 10 at 19:49

Our house was built in 1910. One of our bathrooms is very small: 5 1/2 X 6 feet. The floor is covered with small white and black hexagonal tiles. There is white painted beadboard halfway up the wall, which leaves only 4' of wall space above the beadboard. The full sized tub/shower combination is tiled with white subway tiles (with one row of narrow black rope trim near the top), there is a small window, and there is a door opening. Considering that there is also a mirror above the pedestal sink, there is hardly any real wall space to paint.

My question is, With the bottom half of the bathroom basically white (with black and white tile floor),do you think BM Florida Pink will look odd for the top half of such a small room?

You can see the color at
http://www.benjaminmooreonline.com/review/product/list/id/290/

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: BM Florida Pink #1320 in bathroom?

I would go with a light pink or light gray (BM edgecomb gray). Add a little pink pop with accessories instead. Sounds like a cute bathroom!

o
RE: BM Florida Pink #1320 in bathroom?

Our powder room is painted the brightest color you could imagine... Festive Orange! We also have white beadboard everywhere but our floor is a medium stained wood.

It's great for a powder room, we get lots of compliments (and jokes about bowel stimulation) but I don't think I would want to get ready every day in such a bright color.

Your color doesn't seem as bright. On my monitor, it looks a little coral-y... before I looked, I imagined a bright neon pink! I think it's a great color and would look fantastic. It's up to you to decide if you can live with it or not.

If not, you can always paint over it.

o
free sample of Aura

I saw ad on tv for free sample of aura paint. plz advise

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paint Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here