Return to the Paint Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Paintable Wallpaper

Posted by Glittergirl_Tx (My Page) on
Sun, Jan 1, 12 at 19:20

Has anyone used the paintable wallpaper and if so what was your experience? We're remodeling a master bath and need small spots of sheetrock repaired in multiple places so instead of having them retexture the entire room we were pondering using the paintable wallpaper...Decisions... decisions! Thanks!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Paintable Wallpaper

GG,

You say you need to repair small spots of drywall - are you saying that the drywall needs to be taken out completely in these spots, or can these spots be repaired and re-textured? What type of damage is it? Ripped drywall paper?... holes? Either one of these issues are very easy fixes.

I have never been a fan of paintable wallpaper - with me it's either painted or papered - never both.

o

Wall paper in a hot steamy bath is never a good idea

o

Thanks guys!! What were we thinking?? We haven't scrimped thus far on our master bath remodel and we don't want to start now. We will have the walls patched and retextured even though it'll take more time and $$. Oh well, the cost to have things done right. :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Paint Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here